Raw banana (Kache Kele): 1 (boiled, peeled, and grated)
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Chaat masala: ½ tsp
Red chili powder: ¼ tsp
Lemon juice: few drops
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Salt as per taste
For the naan
All purpose flour: ½ cup (75 gms)
Milk: ¼ cup
Sugar: 1 tsp
Active Dried yeast: ¾ tsp
Salt as per taste
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Ghee for making the naan
For the naan dough:
1. Heat the milk until it becomes lukewarm. Add sugar and yeast. Mix well. Keep it covered in a warm place to rise.
2. Take all purpose flour in a bowl. Add salt to it and mix well.
3. Add the yeast mixture and knead into a smooth dough.
4. Add 1 tbsp ghee and knead with the help of your palm for about 8-10 minutes.
5. Keep it covered in a warm place for about 2 hours and let it rise.
For the stuffing:
6. Mix together raw banana, coriander leaves, chaat masala, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, and lemon juice.
7. Keep aside.
To prepare the naan:
8. Punch the dough and divide into 4 eqal parts.
9. Take one ball and roll into a small circle with the help of dry flour.
10. Keep a spoonful of stuffing in the center of the roti. Fold from all the sides and again form a ball.
11. Roll it gently into a circle keeping the thickness to be around ½ cm.
12. Heat a tawa and grease it.
13. Keep the naan on it and let cook.
14. Flip it after some time and let cook on the other side also.
15. Apply ghee on both the sides and cook until brown spots appear on it.
16. You will see that the thickness of the naan has increased.
17. Similarly, prepare other naans also.
18. Serve hot. They are good to be had alone only or serve them with pickle, curd etc.
19. Delicious “Kache Kele ki Stuffed Naan” is ready!
Kacche Kele Tamatar Ki Sabji… I love this freaking Vegetable… A very good option for people who hate to eat raw bananas… To be true to you all I fooled my hubby with this veggie… Till date he doesn't know what I cooked… He hates raw banana and this was the best way to make him have this… He just loved the taste and never asked me what it was… I am so happy…
So while things were happening simultaneously and also struggling with a setting on the camera ( I hate to read the manual – and it’s an oxymoronic nature of mine which rouses it head on certain things), this was done to welcome the kids back from school
And to the other famously talented gals Jhuls at and read about personal triumph over a bad phase of life in a heart warming post and enjoy some delicious black and white cookies over a cuppa coffee with your friends