Palak (Spinach): ¾ cup (80 gms, finely chopped and blanched)
Paneer: 4 tbsp (crumbled)
Whole wheat flour (Gehun ka Atta): ¾ cup
Asafoetida: a pinch
Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp
Red chili powder: ½ tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
Water: ¼ cup
Ghee: 1 tbsp + for applying on roti and cooking paratha
Chaat masala as required
Salt as per taste
1. In a big plate mix together atta, asafetida, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
2. Add water and knead into a smooth dough.
3. Cover it and let it rest for half an hour.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
5. Take one ball and roll it into a thin circle with the help of dry flour.
6. Similarly, make circles from other balls also.
7. Take one roti and apply ghee evenly all over it. Now evenly spread the palak and paneer on it. Sprinkle chaat masala all over.
8. Cover this roti with another roti and gently press the corners.
9. Apply ghee all over.
10. Now fold it carefully in the shape of a fan.
11. Then roll this fan, starting from one corner, into a circle.
12. Press it nicely.
13. Similarly, make the other roll also.
14. With the help of dry flour, gently roll this circle into a big circle.
15. Heat a tawa and apply ghee on it.
16. Keep the paratha on the hot tawa and let it cook on slow flame.
17. Flip it and let cook on another side also on slow flame.
18. Apply ghee on both the sides and cook until brown spots appear.
19. Similarly, cook the other paratha also.
20. Serve hot plain or with chutney, ketchup, pickle etc.
21. Yummy and healthy “Palak Paneer Lachha Paratha” is ready!
I HAV TRIED IT @ HOME & IT WAS DELICIOUS. 1 cup crumbled paneer 2 tsp chopped green chillies1 chopped onion1tsp cumin seeds½ tsp ajwain1 tsp chilli powder1 1/2 tsp 3 cups whole wheat flour. 1 cup crumbled paneer
IngredientsFor the dough1 1/2 cups plain flour (maida)1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)1 cup chopped spinach (palak)1 tsp lemon juice1 tsp oil1 tsp saltTo be mixed into a stuffing1/2 cup grated cauliflower1/2 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)1 to 2 green chillies, chopped1/4 tsp finely chopped gingersalt to tasteOther ingredients1 tsp oil for cookingMethod For the doughBlend the spinach and lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of water in a liquidiser. 1/2 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)