Gujarati Khatta Dhokla Recipe | How to make Gujarati Dhokla
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 00 ratings
rice small sort grain
salt to taste
fruit salt(Eno) or 1/2 tbsp Citric acid or 1/2 tbsp baking soda
1. Take rice and chickpea lentils in separate bowl. And soak them for at least 12 hours
2. After 12 hours soaking, grind very roughly both ingredients in grinder. Don't make smooth paste of it. Now add curd into mixture and cover mixture bowl with lid and put it warm place for fermentation for at least 8-12 hours.
3. Now mixture is ready to use. Make smooth paste of chillies, ginger, and garlic. Add that paste into fermented mixture.
4. Add salt to taste and turmeric powder.
5. Meanwhile boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a electric cooker or pressure cooker or steamer pan. The amount of water to be added depends on the size of the steamer or pressure cooker.
6. Grease a steamer pan with oil.
7. The ingredient which we use to be fermented the dhokla batter is fruit salt. Indian brand of fruit salt is eno. You can use baking soda or soda bicarbonate. However baking soda gives the soapy aroma if used in excess. At last adding it, pour the mixture into greased pan and put coriander leaves at top.
8. Steam it for 10-15 minutes and your dhokla is ready to eat.
9. Serve warm with peanut (Groundnut) oil and garlic chutney.
Grease a microwave safe bowl or pan with oil.
Pour batter into it and microwave the batter for 5-10 minutes on high.
Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the dhokla. If not done, then microwave again on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Still, if not done, then microwave again for some more seconds
Remove the dhokla from the pan and serve as warm
Click here to check howtomake idli dosa batter and follow the instructions. Today I’m going to share a quick KhattaDhoklaRecipe or White Dhokla prepared with leftover idli dosa batter, which makes it easy to whip up in no time
Khaman DhoklaRecipeKHAMANDHOKLARECIPE | HOWTOMAKEDHOKLA AT HOME. But not anymore, I found this Dell tab handy and I was totally loving the screen size and how handy the tablet was with its amazing android OS
HOWTOMAKE OR PREPARE GUJARATI DAL RECIPE. Gujarati dal – a simple, delicious and sweet n sour dal recipe prepared with toor dal, jaggery, peanuts, ginger and mild spices is a very comforting dal which goes very well with rice
Right from school days i have been a fan of Gujarati cuisine. Later when i joined college that's when mom actually allowed me to cook I began trying so many dishes home those days i used to buy readymade idli batter and make these khata dhoklas