1. In a heavy bottomed pan heat ghee.
2. Add asafetida and mustard seeds. Let the seeds crackle.
3. Add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds.
4. Add curry leaves and green chili. Fry until they turn crisp but not burnt.
5. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Now add oats and mix well. Heat it for 5-7 minutes. Stir continuously.
7. “Instant Oats Mix” is ready!
To make the oats:
1. Boil 1 cup of water in a pan. Add salt.
2. Add 1/3 cup of instant oats to it and stir. While stirring continuously, let the oats cook for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Switch off the flame and cover the pan.
4. Let it rest for few minutes.
5. Yummy “Oats from Instant Oats Mix” is ready.
Add semolina, poha and oats in a mixer and add little water. Add salt and mix well. Instant Wheat flour dosa Instant Sabudana Dosa Instant Brown bread & Oats Uthappam InstantOats Dosa Instant Carrot Uthappam Instant Cucumber Dosa
When Sendhil went for an abroad trip, I packed homemade Instant Rava upma mix and poha mix for him. So I keep making variations in poha upma like mixed vegetable poha upma, lemon poha, Kanda Poha, Batata Poha, Gujarati Poha, Karnataka Chitranna etc
Add the salt and the chopped coriander and mix it well. I wanted to make something that was simple and at the same time a little healthy too and after thinking about so many things, I finally made this Oats Uthappam
This homemade instant upma mix is also very good for working women as they can make quick breakfast or dinner with these ready mixes ,you can make and store these mixes in bulk when ever you got free time on your weekend