Spinach (Palak): ½ cup (finely chopped and blanched)
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: ½ tsp
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
Ginger: ½ tsp (grated)
Asafetida: a pinch
Chaat masala: 1 tsp
Water: ½ cup less 2 tbsp
Sugar: ½ tsp (optional)
Oil for cooking
Salt as per taste
1. In a bowl mix together besan, palak, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger, asafetida, chaat masala, sugar, and salt.
2. Add water and make a smooth batter.
3. Grease a tawa with oil and heat it.
4. Pour 1-2 ladleful of batter on the tawa and spread quickly into a thin cheela.
5. Smear oil on the sides and let cook for a few minutes.
6. Flip it carefully and cook the other side also. If required drizzle some oil.
7. Serve hot with ketchup, chutney etc.
8. Yummy “Besan Palak Cheela” is ready!
So when I compared the two, I inclined towards the best, quick, easiest and yummiest recipe ever. It’s a deep golden, rich and sweet besan ladoo that just melts in your mouth and it’s coming to you right now
Learn how to make Lasooni Dal Palak ~ Garlic flavoured lentil and spinach soup. As my mother complained about hot weather in India, unusual for this time of the year, I just wished I was at home in India as I gazed at grey skies wearing my winter jacket, snow boots and my hands tucked inside my jacket pocket to keep it warm